Teach English online with Palfish and make up to $20 per hour teaching, Chinese, children and adults students online.
- Palfish is based in Beijing, China.
- Requires Online English teachers to teach children & adults via their app.
- You can only teach via a phone or ipad – not a PC.
- Has classes 4 hrs per day.
- Pays by Payoneer.
- Pay rate is determined by how many hours you work.
- Types of lessons: 1-1, group, demo lessons, children and adults.
- The lesson plans are provided by the company.
To teach online in China, the Chinese goverment have made the following rules which you can read about it here:
- A TEFL / TESOL / CELTA (you can start teaching with Palfish without one as they give you the opportunity to get one as you teach).
- One years expereince of teaching online.
- A native English speaker, or near native with no heavy accent.
- Official Palfish teachers must fix 7 hours of Beijing prime time hours to a weekly schedule. Beijing primetime hours are from Monday – Friday, 18:00 – 21:00pm and Saturday 09:30 – 20:30 and Sunday 08:30 – 20:30
- Must be willing to teach children. You can also teach adults.
- A good internet connection of at least: 800 kbps downloading speed or above and 500 kbps uploading speed or above.
- Good lighting.
- Props – See what you need here.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
- The interview will last about 20 mins.
- Following the interview, you will be asked to complete a a mock lesson on their app.
- This will then be sent to HQ and assessed – the process takes about two days.
- If successful you will be asked to upload to their app, your qualifications and passport.
- Open up your slots ( lessons)
- Uniform is a simple blue t-shirt.
- The company backdrop must be viewable in all lessons. You can download it and print it out below.
- You will have a trial period of two lessons.
- All contracts are of a self-employed status.
The Palfish backdrop
Right click on your mouse and save to your computer. You can print it out on an A4 piece of paper or card.